Search This Blog

Monday 15 November 2010

Assignment (Unit 101-105) - Test Shots - WWII

Just a quick one...

After planning to go out into nature to do some test shots, my friend Dave decided it would be a better idea to drive two hours to North Wales to check out this store that sells war reenactment gear.  It did indeed turn out to be a better idea and we left for home safe in the knowledge that we had spent a hell of a lot of money and had no time to do any actual shooting.

When we finally made it home in the darkness I bullied my friend into trying all the stuff on, just to see how it would look on camera.  And here we are...


f/5.6 1/10sec ISO 400
I took all these shots in my living room.  Not a very good pace for WWII reenactments but it would have to do until we can get outdoors.  I quickly fired off some shots and had a play around on photoshop, just to see what the goods looked like after desaturating everything.

f/5.6 1/10sec ISO 400
I am pretty pleased with the things we have managed to collect so far.  This 101st Airborne jump suit is one of my favourite things we managed to find.  I messed about with the brightness and contrast and added some noise to try to take off some of the clarity.  With more time I am pretty sure the results will come.  

f/5.6 1/10sec ISO 400
Background f/5.6 1/160sec ISO 100

The above shot is two different pictures blended together.  I was getting a tad annoyed that my curtains were getting in the way so I found an old picture I had taken of a priory near where I live and just started stitching them together.  This is a trick that could come in handy later in my project.

I am pretty much ready to shoot my main piece now.  I'm quite happy with the amount of equipment I have and I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the uniforms look.  It's just a case of getting the right people in the right place at the right time.  It's just a shame stupid work gets in the way of my creativity.
It's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment