Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Assignment (Unit 108) - Initial Ideas

Initial Ideas

Usually I'm full of wonderfully crazy things to do.  Today I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of something decent.  Maybe it's because someone is playing really horrible loud music downstairs, or maybe it's because I'm half watching Flight Of The Conchords on the old DVD player.  It may even be because of the snow.  Too many damn distractions.

World War II Continued...
Anyway, I was thinking about doing an extension of my War theme.  I would create some images to put together as part of a story.  I would create some images set pre-war (well, before my friend has joined the fight) which would lead into the main war shoot.  Then I'd do something set afterwards.  Maybe have my soldier in purgatory after being killed in action.  I could try to create some hellish landscapes and even manipulate images of people and turn them into demon's or something.  I think it would look visually stunning and would be a nice little picture story.


Superheroes
Thinking back to my previous idea, I think this would be a good one for the manipulation assignment.  I could show my heroes actually using special powers on the scum and villainy of the world.  After spending a lot of money on my war theme I feel like I had best do something that's not going to cost much.  Maybe this is one for the future.

People & Places/ Surrealism
Maybe it would be interesting to take photographs of people doing everyday tasks in really strange surroundings or just adding a surreal twist.  For example, have people driving cars around fish tanks, taking the giant pet rat for a walk.  Jockey's riding sea horses, people in jellyfish hot air balloons... you get the gist?

I could do a lot with this theme if I had the time.
 

Attack Of The 50ft Woman
Did you ever see the film?  It was rubbish.  That's not important.  The important thing is the concept.  I'd go out and shoot lots of images of Birmingham and manipulate those images to show a giant woman (or man) attacking various landmarks, eating people and just being down right nasty.

The Movies
After looking at the 50ft Woman poster I was thinking about producing a series of film posters for fake motion pictures.  Using layers, filters and texts im sure I could create something good enough to be vandalised in a bus shelter near you.

That's all I have right now which isn't a lot I know.  I'm sure more ideas will come soon and I'll be back on here to tell you all about them.

If you see any actual 50ft women attacking any major cities in the UK, give me a shout.  It might make this assignment a tad easier.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment