Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Assignment (Unit 108) - Idea Development

Ok then.

The ambitious man in me wanted to go for something completely different for my manipulation assignment and for probably the first time in my life I have decided not to listen to him.  Due to time restrictions, influenza and other such setbacks I have decided to manipulate some of my war photos. 

By manipulating these photo's I hope to give a bit more depth to my war experience.  It's all very well having two guys running around a forest but I would have loved to have been able to produce pictures on a greater scale.  The problems with picking such a difficult theme meant that cost became an important factor.    This meant that uniforms and props were hard to acquire and so I only ended up with two guys to play the parts.

To make it look as though there's a larger conflict going on, I will use my cutting and pasting knowledge to incorporate more soldiers into the battlefield.


See what I did there?  

The above picture was achieved by literally cutting my mate out of one picture and adding him to another photo.  I then erased all the parts I didn't want and then used the blur tool to try to hide any of my handy work.  Because these photographs were similar in the first place I didn't have to mess with the lighting effects.

So that's what I'll be doing for the next week or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment