Search This Blog

Monday 17 January 2011

Assignment (Unit 108) - Original Images

When it came to manipulating my images I decided to try to create a bigger picture with my war theme.  This meant a lot of cutting and pasting to create images containing more than one soldier wandering alone in the woods.  A lot of my photographs didn't turn out as planned but I found a lot of these could be salvaged and used for this part of my assignment.





These four above images were all cut up on photoshop and blended together using layers to give the feel of a group of soldiers walking across a field.  In fact, with all of my images I had to painstakingly cut out my soldiers.  I found the magnetic lasso tool to be the most useful tool in photoshop for this task.







With this above selection of six photographs, after cutting out the soldiers and pasting them on the image, I had to adjust the brightness and contrast on each individual layer so they all matched.  Then with the dodge and burn tools I had to try and make the images look as though they were all lit from the same side.




So as you can see, these images aren't very good on their own.   Lot of them are over exposed or the sharpness isn't there.  I found that once they were edited and arranged properly, the flaws in the individual pictures didn't matter so much and the pictures as a whole didn't look too bad.




So that's the images I used for the manipulation section of my assignment.  My final results vary but without doing re-shoots I think they will have to suffice for now. With only two weeks left of the course it's a bit late in the day to start messing about with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment