Search This Blog

Sunday 10 October 2010

Assignment (Unit 101-105) - Initial Ideas

Due to the fact that my final photographs will be judged not only as stand alone photographs, but part as a theme, I feel it's really important to choose the right theme.  I have already done quite a lot of research and found myself looking for inspiration in many areas.

Art, Film, Music and of course, Photographs have all contributed to fill me with lots of ideas for a themed shoot.  I do however find some of my ideas might be a bit ambitious for someone of my current level.  I will make sure that I do what I can to make these ideas come to fruition because at least one of them is 'bloomin' marvellous.

Initial Themes
  • World War Two
  • Famous Painters
  • A Day In The Life
  • The Boxer
  • Surrealism
  • Romeo & Juliette
  • Superheroes

World War Two
Now this idea, I don't really want to say too much about as I have some great compositional ideas.  In order to achieve this theme I would have to acquire some authentic replica WWII uniforms and possibly some replica guns. 

Famous Painters

Painting 1946
More specifically, famous paintings.  There are a few paintings that I would love to see re-created as photographs.  For instance Painting 1946 by Francis Bacon has always fascinated me.  There are many other paintings that I would love to do this for.  My main problem with this theme would be originality.  Would I be deducted marks because the composition's would already be in place?

A Day In The Life

Basically this photo would involve following a person around all day going about their business.  I would probably do this on a weekend so I could get some shots of my subject livin' it large on a night out.

The Boxer

A friend of mine is an amateur boxer.  I would plan to show a photographic record of him training and fighting an opponent.  I think boxing is a great photogenic sport and I would love to be able to capture something half as good as this...

Surrealism

My idea for this would be to do photograph's of people with a surrealist edge.  I really like some of Man Ray's surreal images and would probably use his work as my main source of inspiration.

Romeo & Juliette

I would like to do a classy colourful series of images based on the final few hours of Romeo & Juliette.  I would probably update the tale to present day.

Superheroes

I saw a documentary about people in America who dress up in extravagant costumes and head off into the night to fight crime.  I would love to do some gritty photographs of a series of caped crusaders in various scenarios. 

These are just a few of my ideas for now.  Every day I find myself searching for photo opportunities (most of the time I'm at work and don't have my camera) so I'll keep posting ideas as they materialise.

No comments:

Post a Comment