Search This Blog

Friday 29 October 2010

Assignment (Unit 101-105) - Idea Development - Surrealism: Test Shots

f/5.6 1/5sec ISO 400
I decided to show some test shots for my surreal theme.  This image of two mannequins was taken at Snibston science museum a while ago.  I thought they looked quite surreal at the time and after messing about with the contrast and curves I thought it made the mannequins appear slightly creepy.  I added noise and the butterfly on Paint Shop Pro 10 just to add a little something extra to the image.


With these next two photographs (which were taken so long ago that I have no idea what aperture/ISO or shutter speed were used) I decided to replace everyones heads with animals heads instead, I have no logic behind my reasoning other than the fact I thought it would look weird and cool.  This again was edited with Paint Shop Pro 10 but when I imported them to photoshop the quality looked really poor.  Once again I added a lot of noise to the image (not only does it make the pictures look old but it hides some of the editing) which doesn't translate well when the pictures viewed on a larger scale.  This was only a quick edit though and I'm sure if I had taken more time I could have achieved something a lot better.


The final image is something I was going to use as a background for some other project.  I layered several images over each other and blended them together in Paint Shop Pro 10.  It's just the basics of my editing knowledge and looking at the pictures now, I don't think I'd use them for anything.  They looked better in my head. 


So basically, if I was to go ahead with the whole surrealism theme, there would be endless possibilities of crazy things to do to the pictures.  At the moment, I'm torn between my Superheroes theme and my War theme but this one seems to be easier and cheaper to achieve.

I think I'll go ahead and do some work on this theme anyway just so I'll have something to fall back on if my other themes fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment